Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Soup and Homemade Bread

Yesterday, I was making one our family's favorite winter meals: Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup.  Even the girls gobble it up!  It's a crockpot meal, so that makes me love it even more.  Maybe someday I'll have to share the recipe with you.  What do you think?  Would you like to try your hand at it, too?


I felt inspired to try my hand at some homemade Italian bread, and I was ecstatic to find that not only did the bread turn out but it tastes amazing with the soup.  It was a little overkill; the recipe creates two gigantic loaves of Italian bread, but I guess that's not all bad because it will freeze, and I won't have to bake any more bread for a while.


So what's your favorite soup and bread combination?  What fills you up and warms you to your core?  Is there a recipe for soup or bread that you just love and can't get enough of?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment; I'd love to hear from you!